We went for another scan at 9wks and this is when we were told they thought they were mo/di but they could see where a membrane started but couldn't see where it finished; it just seemed to disappear. We were told very minimal at this point as it was still so early.
We went home and she called the hospital again they told us they couldn't do anything other than let nature take its course.
At around 12 weeks we were told there was quite a size difference and TTTS was high risk as one of the twins (smaller) was showing a large nuchal translucency but this also occurs in Downs! So much to take in! We were also told that something called the Ductus venosus was reverse flow on the smaller twin when you would expect them to both be positive flow!
At this point I was really worried still about reverse flow and that large nuchal. Nothing looked in our favour and I was told to go back again at approx 16wks. At 1 day short of 17weeks I had another scan and everything had seemed to stay the same, happy nothing had got worse and we waited to see the consultant. We were taken into a side room again and the selective abortion was again discussed by him! and if we wouldn't consider that then at least consider an amnio (no no no) leave them be!
We were told these type of twins were a freak of nature and not fully understood! and that 1 in 4 of these pregnancies will end badly!
I had just settled down for an evening in front of the TV and Dan was getting ready for work when Eastenders started. We watched it and just as it finished I stood up and got a shooting pain around my lower tummy! I shot to the toilet and as I sat a sudden rush blood everywhere!